1. Register Your Domain
Pick a name that is easy to spell and short. Get the .com
If you want to protect your brand, buy the .net and .org version of your domain as well.
http://www.namecheap.com (consistently fair price)
http://www.godaddy.com (coupon codes for cheap prices but will charge you for extras)
2. Get a Host
You need a place to hold the files of your website. There are free versions, free hosts that you can upgrade later for more funtionality, and pay hosts.
Free Hosts + Option to upgrade to Pay features
http://www.weebly.com (easy to use, upgradable, limited templates)
http://www.wix.com (easy to start, moderately difficult and some bugs in editing, amazing looking templates)
http://www.blogger.com (easy to use, very limited functionality outside of blogging, owned by Google)
http://www.wordpress.org (difficult to use without training)
Paid Hosts (Good for hosting WordPress)
http://www.hostgator.com (consistently decent prices for monthly hosting)
http://www.godaddy.com (coupon codes for cheap prices but will charge you for extras)
3. Social Media
Lock in your company name in all the major Social Media Platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram (i.e. facebook.com/companyname )
Register your brand url on:
Facebook.com/pages (After you create a new page, they will let you customize the URL in the settings) ;Post the link on your Facebook fan page and invite all your friends to like your page see facebook.com/allanwangmd as an example
YouTube.com (Hit Sign-in button and create a YouTube channel using your gmail account or they will prompt you to create one if you don’t have one already. Instructions on how to customize your URL is at https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2657968?hl=en ); Create YouTube videos with the link in the description. Search what types of videos in your industry are getting the most hits and why (i.e. attractive thumbnail, catchy title, valuable content, etc.)
LinkedIn.com Post a link to your site in your profile and add people from all your emails when in LinkedIn. You will be able to customize your url as well in your settings.
- Download the LinkedIn app from the App Store
- Add New Connections from the “People You May Know” in the Main Menu. Get to the main menu by tapping the blue “in” square icon in the top left corner. Tap blue “+” icon to add random connection to your friends list.
- Add New Connections from the “Search” bar at the top by typing in terms like “Manicurist” ,”Sales”, “Real Estate”, “Facialist”, “Spa”, etc. for any type of industry you are trying to find people to market to
- Every new connection, you will get an email notification. Hit “Send a message” and see if they are open to making new money by sending a message like:Hi. Great profile! Are you open to working on a business project?
- Follow-up message/Setup an Appointment, Call them and setup a meeting in Real Life
Twitter.com Customize your username to your company name so your you will have twitter.com/companyname.
Instagram.com Add the website to your Instagram profile and start putting up photos your customer base would be interested using hashtags and re-post your Instagram posts automatically to Twitter and Facebook with each post.
Pinterest.com Make an account and gather original photos or use already existing photos as re-pins that might be interesting to your customer base and post a link to your website.
Post your business with a link in Yelp.com (You will need a business address to post a business with a link.)
Create a group related to your market at Meetup.com You can also join groups within your industry and market to people at events.
Meetup.com Meetup.com is a great way to network, meet people and make new friends in any city and in multiple countries as well. Meetup is also a great place to prospect.
Simply goto http://www.meetup.com and Join for free. Search for groups using keywords like Network Marketing, Business Networking, Work from Home, Entrepreneurs, etc. and join those groups. See their upcoming events and attend.
Join all the groups in your industry, and when someone lapses on the payment for their group, Meetup will email all the group members if they want to take over the group. You can own up to 3 meetup groups with one subscription payment.
SEO Cheat Sheet http://www.AllanWangMD.com
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s “natural” or un-paid (“organic”) search results.
1) Analyze a Site
a) What is your site about? (Dead Sea Moisturizer)
b) Who is your target audience? (Customers and Distributors)
c) What is your main source of income? (Distributors)
2) How much traffic is your site getting?
a) What is the Alexa Traffic Rank? (http://www.alexa.com)
b) Google Analytics (google.com/analytics)
c) What is your Google PageRank? (Search “Google PageRank Checker Tool”)
d) About how many & what types of backlinks do you have? (Search “Backlink Checker Tool”)
3) On-Site Optimization
a) Please make a list of possible keywords your clientele might type into Google to find what you offer. Type one keyword phrase per line, single-spaced, with no commas.
i) i.e. Dead Sea Products, Dead Sea Product, Products Dead Sea, Dead Sea Moisturizer, Best Moisturizer, Best Quality Moisturizer, Affordable Moisturizer, L’Oreal Moisturizer, Lancôme Moisturizer, Premiere Moisturizer, Foot Care Cream, Nail Care Kit
b) Google Keyword Planner (adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner)
i) Compare Global Monthly Searches versus Competition (Search: allintitle “Keyword Phrase”)
c) Title Tag
i) <title>Keyword Phrase, Keyword Phrase, Keyword Phrase – Company Name</title>
ii) <title>Dead Sea Products, Seacret Direct, Make Money Spare Time – AllanWangMD.com</title>
d) Meta Description
i) <meta name=”description” content=”Seacret Direct distributes high-end Dead Sea Products. Make money in your spare time Today! (323) 529-3233″ />
e) Meta Tags
i) <meta name=”keywords” content=”Dead Sea Moisturizer, Seacret Direct, Make Money” />
f) Heading Tags – <h1>This is heading 1</h1> <h2>This is heading 2</h2>
g) Alt Image Attributes – <img src=”seacret.jpg” alt=”Seacret Direct Skincare” />
h) Bold, Italics, Underline, Capitalization
i) <i>Italic text</i> <b>Bold text</b> <u>underline</u>
i) Internal Links- Menus, Footer Menu, Site Index
j) URL – www.keyword.com or www.sitename.com/keyword.htmlk) Content – Menu Titles, Bullet List, Larger Text
4) Submit your URL
i) http://www.google.com/submityourcontent/website-owner/ii) http://www.bing.com/webmaster/SubmitSitePage.aspx
5) Backlinks – How many and what type of websites are linking to your website
a) Local Directories – Yahoo Local, Yellow Pages, Citysearch, Google Local, Bing Local, DMOZ.org
b) Social Bookmarking – delicious, stumble upon
c) Quality, Original Article submission to relevant, quality blogs
d) Press release – Prweb, marketwire, prnewswire.com
e) Other Examples – Forums, Blog commenting, Link Exchange, Product Indexes, Friends, Bait, Link Wheel (DO NOT use black hat tactics done by you, outsourcing or programs)
5. Paid Advertising
Yahoo Ads https://advertising.yahoo.com/
You can buy banner ads either from a banner ad agency or contact the owners of blogs and websites in your industry directly and ask them how much to buy an ad.
This is when you are paying somone to email their database of contacts with your ad. You can find industry and region specific databases to buy your solo ad from.
6. Direct Advertising
Make business cards at allanwangmd.com/cards and goto networking events to trade business cards.
Have a booth at a industry trade show and have a sign up sheet for contact info for free offers, discounts or a raffle.
Talk, call or meet up with your friends and real life connections and see how you can help each other get the word out. You can use chatting apps for your smart phone to talk to them as well (i.e. WeChat, WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook messenger, Kakao, Kik, LineApp)
7. More Advertising
Flyers, Signs, Magazines, Newspapers, banners, poasters sidewalk signs, Radio commercials, TV shows, TV commercials, web series, bandit signs, drop cards
Make a Podcast: http://www.appendipity.com/how-to-set-up-podcast/
8. Build a capture page
Building a capture page allows you to direct traffic from various sources (i.e. PPC, banner ads, print ads, social media links) to a page that has some sales copy/ad copy that will entice viewers to leave their contact information to find out more about what you offer. This will allow you to follow up with them over email or with a phone call to answer any questions, address any objections and close.
1. You can buy a new domain specifically targeting the people you are advertising to. i.e. MakeMoneySpareTime.com
2. Do a 301 redirect with masking to a FULL page layout of your website with the branding, menu, footers and margin hidden. In NameCheap.com you will select URL Frame after entering the URL of the capture page ( https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/385/77/how-do-i-set-up-url-forwarding-for-a-domain )
3. Enter an attention grabbing, enticing heading with Heading 1 and Red Color Font Coding:
<h1>This is heading 1</h1>
<font color=”red”>This is some text!</font>
or change to a larger size using the Font Size code:
<font size=”15″ color=”red”>This is some text!</font>
4. Insert a catchy, enticing, curiousity-inducing or informative picture, graphic or video:
YouTube video not centered? Use the centering HTML code:
<center>This will be center-aligned.</center>
5. Use Heading 2 or Heading 3 Code to headline the marketing bullet points your will using
<h2>Learn everything you need to know about internet marketing including:</h2>
<h3>Partner with the greatest company in the world with amazing benefits</h3>
6. Bullet point your ad copy on why they should be interested in what you have to offer, how it will benefit them and why it is urgent that they learn more now.
7. Enter your opt in form created from you email program. You can get one free from mailchimp.com or for cheap with unlimited email opt ins at sites like aweber.com
8. Make the thank you page after they opt in redirect them to an information page or place they can take further action like buy a product, join your team or get information on some other product they may also want.
Find streaming tutorials on how to use WordPress and How to do SEO at Lynda.com
Find cheap graphic design and video help at Fiverr.com
Learn more about SEO by reading