Building a capture page allows you to direct traffic from various sources (i.e. PPC, banner ads, print ads, social media links) to a page that has some sales copy/ad copy that will entice viewers to leave their contact information to find out more about what you offer. This will allow you to follow up with them over email or with a phone call to answer any questions, address any objections and close.
1. You can buy a new domain specifically targeting the people you are advertising to. i.e. MakeMoneySpareTime.com
2. Do a 301 redirect with masking to a FULL page layout of your website with the branding, menu, footers and margin hidden. In NameCheap.com you will select URL Frame after entering the URL of the capture page ( https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/385/77/how-do-i-set-up-url-forwarding-for-a-domain )
3. Enter an attention grabbing, enticing heading with Heading 1 and Red Color Font Coding:
<h1>This is heading 1</h1>
<font color=”red”>This is some text!</font>
or change to a larger size using the Font Size code:
<font size=”15″ color=”red”>This is some text!</font>
4. Insert a catchy, enticing, curiousity-inducing or informative picture, graphic or video:
YouTube video not centered? Use the centering HTML code:
<center>This will be center-aligned.</center>
5. Use Heading 2 or Heading 3 Code to headline the marketing bullet points your will using
<h2>Learn everything you need to know about internet marketing including:</h2>
<h3>Partner with the greatest company in the world with amazing benefits</h3>
6. Bullet point your ad copy on why they should be interested in what you have to offer, how it will benefit them and why it is urgent that they learn more now.
7. Enter your opt in form created from you email program. You can get one free from mailchimp.com or for cheap with unlimited email opt ins at sites like aweber.com
8. Make the thank you page after they opt in redirect them to an information page or place they can take further action like buy a product, join your team or get information on some other product they may also want.